By our editor, Nicole Danielle Warr
After months of thought and strategic planning, I am finally announcing some exciting changes with regards to the future of the magazine!
The magazine’s name is going to change from Vintage Lifestyle magazine to Georgette magazine. It’s still the same independent online magazine with me as editor and the same awesome contributing team but we’re rebranding and relaunching the magazine in order to expand content and make the experience the best it can be for our loyal readers.
What exactly is changing?
- The magazine will now be called Georgette magazine.
- It will be published quarterly instead of bi-monthly.
- The content is going to be bigger and better, but will not stray too far from the scope of our previous content.
- We’ll be blogging even more (like so much more!).
- The magazine will now be available for download via PDF. This is apart from our normal method of publishing as a digital magazine which, we are excited to announce, can now be viewed on all smartphones and tablets as well.
Why the name change?
When I started Vintage Lifestyle in 2010, I had planned to create a bi-monthly, unisex, lifestyle magazine featuring all things vintage. It’s been almost three years and I have realised just how much the content has grown with the type of readership that we have. The magazine is in fact an online women’s fashion magazine, with a touch of vintage of course, but also featuring the classic and timeless elements from the past and how this enhances and adds value to our modern lifestyle.
Another reason for the name change was that “Vintage Lifestyle” is often confused with many other magazines, businesses and blogs overseas that have the same or similar name. “Georgette” will be unique to us.
The Georgette girl appreciates luxury and artisanal fashion, photography, art, design, travel and culture. She admires the finer things in life and will not be afraid to explore both the past and the future – the new with the old – to come up with a unique look or experience. She will be a lover of style.
The launch issue of Georgette will be out on the 10th of December 2013 and all of the Vintage Lifestyle issues will remain in our archives for our readers to access for now. All of our directory listings will remain on our website too.
So far, we have only received positive feedback and we hope that you are as excited about the future as we are!